Human Age to Pig Years Calculator
This free online tool converts your age into Pig years based on your DOB. Just enter your date of birth and find out how old you would be if you were a Pig.
Some information about Pigs
When pigs were domesticated from wild species is still a mystery, but Chinese people believe that the first pigs were domesticated in China 2900 years before Christ. Earlier they were used as scavengers, but when it came to know that their meat was very tasty, they were reared for meat.
The domesticated species of pigs is thought to have been introduced into Asia from the wild boar Suss scrofa of Europe and the wild boar sus cristatus of India. After that the pigs of China and the pigs of Europe emerged from those species which are now spread all over Europe and America.
Pigs are quite a child-bearing animal. Whereas wild boars give 4-6 babies at a time, while domesticated pigs give birth to 4 to 10 babies. These are heavy creatures with cylindrical body whose skin is thick and the tail is short. On maturity, the number of their teeth reaches 44.
These are very stubborn and stupid animals, in which the pigs living in the forests are certainly agile, but the domestic ones are sluggish and lethargic due to their fat body. China has the largest number of pigs in the world; After that comes America's number. The number of pigs in these two countries reaches almost half of the world's pigs.
Domesticated pigs are spread in almost all countries of the world and their different species are found in different countries. Here a brief description of only a few species is being given among them which are very famous.
1. Berkshire:- The pigs of this species are black in color, whose face, legs and tail end are white. This species is created in England. From where it spread to America. Their meat is very tasty.
2. Chester white:- The color of the pigs of this species is white and the skin remains pink. This species was created in Chester County of America and is spread only in America.
3. Duroc:- This species has also originated from America itself. The pigs of this species are red in color, which are very heavy and fast growing creatures.
4. Hampshire:- This species has been taken out in England but now it has spread a lot in America as well. The pigs of this species are black, with a white stripe lying around their body. They grow and become fat very quickly.
5. Hereford:- This species has also been taken out in America. These are red colored pigs whose head, ears, tail end and lower part of the body remain white. They are smaller in stature than other pigs and soon mature.
6. Landrace:- Pigs of this species are spread in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. These are white colored pigs whose body is long and smooth.
7. Large Black:- The pigs of this species are black, whose ears are big and keep bowing till the eyes. This species was taken out in England and they are mostly visible there.
8. Mangalitza:- This species has been taken out in the Balkan state and the pigs of this species are spread in countries like Hungary, Romania and Yugoslavia. They are either furrowed white or the upper part of their body is black for brown and the lower part remains white. It takes about two years for them to mature and their female gives birth to fewer children.
9. Poland China:- This species has been found in Butler and Warren County of Ohio State. Like the Durak species, these pigs are also spread in large numbers in America. These are black colored pigs whose legs, face and tail end are white. Their three species are found small, medium and big.
10. Spotted Poland China:- This species has also been taken out in America and the pigs of this species are similar to Poland China. The only difference is that the body of these pigs is full of white spots.
11. Tam Worth:- This species was originated in England, which is probably the oldest species in this country. The color of the pigs of this species remains red. Its head is slender and elongated, muzzle long and ears erect and sloping forward. Apart from England, pigs of this species are spread in Canada and the United States.
12. Wessex Saddle Back:- This species has also been taken out in England. The color of the pigs of this species is black and some part of their back and front legs remain white. They are very similar to the Hampshire pigs of America and are of medium stature.
13. Yorkshire:- Although this famous species has been taken out in England, but the pigs of this species have spread all over Europe, Canada and the United States. These are very famous white colored pigs whose female gives birth to many children. Their meat is very tasty.
Human Years to Pig Age Chart:
Human to Pig years calculator: How old am I in pig years? A human's 1 year is equal to about 0.25 year of a pig's lifespan. We've created an easy-to-understand chart that shows your age by converting it to a pig's age.
|Human Age||Pig Years|
|1 Year||0 Year, 2 Months, 26 Days.|
|2 Years||0 Year, 5 Months, 22 Days.|
|3 Years||0 Year, 8 Months, 19 Days.|
|4 Years||0 Year, 11 Months, 15 Days.|
|5 Years||1 Year, 2 Months, 11 Days.|
|6 Years||1 Year, 5 Months, 8 Days.|
|7 Years||1 Year, 8 Months, 4 Days.|
|8 Years||1 Year, 11 Months, 0 Day.|
|9 Years||2 Years, 1 Month, 27 Days.|
|10 Years||2 Years, 4 Months, 23 Days.|
|20 Years||4 Years, 9 Months, 16 Days.|
|30 Years||7 Years, 2 Months, 9 Days.|
|40 Years||9 Years, 7 Months, 2 Days.|
|50 Years||11 Years, 11 Months, 25 Days.|
|60 Years||14 Years, 4 Months, 18 Days.|
|70 Years||16 Years, 9 Months, 11 Days.|
|80 Years||19 Years, 2 Months, 4 Days.|
|90 Years||21 Years, 6 Months, 27 Days.|
|100 Years||23 Years, 11 Months, 20 Days.|
Some interesting facts about Pigs: